Sunday 23 June 2013

Dividend Chaser on list of GP clinics participating in haze subsidy

(Personal sharing)

Recently, it was announced that there were some GP clinics participating in MOH subsidy. 

I went to source out the link and found one - Shenton Medical Group which was at Jurong Point. 

It was near to the place I stayed so I decided to give it a visit since my son was down with fever and sore throat.

The service there was good with ample seats and an area where children can play with the toys so it made the wait still pleasant.

When it was our turn, the doctor saw my son. 

He said the throat infection could be caused by the haze, verbally to me but he did not put it on paper.

So when it came the time to pay the bill, I was very shock to know that the bill was 73 dollars, pretty expensive for non-working housewife like me.

I said to the cashier... Wow.. Is there any subsidy due to the haze?

The cashier said the subsidy is only 30 dollars and only approved by the doctor.

Immediately, I told them the doctor told me earlier, my son's infection was caused by the haze.

Luckily, the cashier went to verify with the doctor who agreed again on the haze subsidy thing, if not, I would definitely make a fuss.

In my mind, I told myself that next time, if there was any next time, it would be better find out first before committing to claim a haze subsidy from any clinic.

It was a lesson well learnt.



No comments:

Post a Comment