Tuesday 25 June 2013

Dividend Chaser on Singapore raining hail in Bt Batok and jurong

(From Article)

Mr Lucas Ho, 28, playwright and teacher said: "The torrent came in a five-minute burst; something was clanging on my windows and I went to my front door to see what was going on. I never thought I'd see hail in Singapore."


Get the full story from The Straits Times.

SINGAPORE - A video was posted on Facebook by Vivian Tian in which she revealed tiny ice cubes were falling with the rain in her vicinity.

Other Facebook users as well as contributors to citizen journalism website Stomp also sent in pictures showing that it is hailing on the west side of Singapore.

Stomp contributor Foo said:

"Hailing in Singapore! I thought stones were flung into my balcony when i saw it was ice cubes!"

Another contributor Kent wrote in: "It's raining hail in CCK Ave 3. The welcomed downpour came with ice!"

Reader Kevin wrote: "My friends and I were just at Bukit Batok West Ave 6 and we were stuck in the rain. When we running in the rain, ice fell on us."

Reader Judy said: "It's raining ice in Bukit Batok. It started to rain at about 2.30pm and soon it became extremely heavy with strong winds.

"Suddenly I heard sounds of objects hitting at my window and I went to look. To my surprise i saw pellets of ice raining down. It lasted for about 10 minutes."

Moderate to heavy thundery showers with gusty wind are expected over southern, eastern and central areas of Singapore between 3.25pm to 4.25pm.

PUB said flash floods may occur in the event of heavy rain.

For flash floods updates, visit PUB Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PUBSg or PUB Twitter: http://twitter.com/PUBSingapore.


No comments:

Post a Comment